We recommend making reservations as soon as possible. We already have several weeks completely booked for this summer. Please call for availability as our site is currently under construction. For Frequently Asked Questions, Our Rates, or Policies, you can check those pages on this website.
Weekly Vacation Rates
Our normal stay is six days, which starts on Sunday afternoon and ends on Saturday morning. Our regular season opens Memorial day closes after labor day.
Fees cover cabins, meals, and all the entertainment, except for the daily horseback trail rides (and extra fee events). Trail rides are $40.00 per ride for Sprucedale guest ($60 for outside guests) and last around 2 hours. Extended rides will be offered and start at $125.
|Adults (16 & Up)||$750.00 (2020 Rates: $765.00)|
|Single Occupancy||$915.00 (2020 Rates: $930.00)|
|Youth (6-15)||$660.00 (2020 Rates: $675.00)|
|Children (2-5)||$565.00 (2020 Rates: $580.00)|
|Infants (0-1)||No Charge|
For daily rates, Whitney’s Epic Trail, Horse & Cattle Drives, or other Reservations, please call us at (928) 333-4984.
Frequently Asked Questions
How old must my child be to ride?
Children must be 6 years of to ride on the trails. Younger children may ride in the arena with a wrangler during rodeo practice and will be lead around on a pony.
Is child care provided?
No childcare is not provided. Often guest will bring along a friend, grandmother or other relative that will take turns staying with the little one.
Is this ranch family oriented?
Sprucedale is family owned and operated. We encourage and welcome families to come and start building memories here.
Is there a minimum length of stay?
A 6 day stay is customary to take advantage of all the activities. When there is availability 3 day stays are sometimes possilbe. For the “Spring and Fall season” contact us for custom stays with off season pricing.
Will the ranch cater to special diets?
If you have a special diet please let us know when you make your reservation and we will do all we can to accommodate you. There is a nominal fee for us to provide special meals.
What should I bring?
- Hat: Western style preferred. Well fitting. For children, they need a “stampede string” on their western hats to keep them on while riding. Baseball hats will work.
- Jeans: Soft and broken in.
- Footwear: Western boots preferred. Some hiking boots will work. No sandals or open toed shoes on trail rides. Extra tennis shoes, shoes tend to get wet from refreshing rains, or kids playing it the creek.
- Athletic Socks: Athletic socks that come above boots are best for comfort and to prevent from blisters.
- Long Sleeve Shirts: For sun and brush protection.
- Light jackets or sweatshirt: Depends on time of year but are usually needed for our cool evenings.
- Flashlights: One needed for each family member plus batteries.
- Swimsuit: For splashing in the creek.
- Summer Clothing: Casual, cool and comfortable.
- Rain gear: For afternoon showers.
Other Stuff to bring:
- Fishing Gear (We may have some poles to rent)
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Prescription / Medicines
- Hand Lotion
- An Adventuresome Attitude!!
Is there electricity?
We have a generator that runs in the morning for a couple of hours and in the evening from about 6:00-10:30 pm. Call for any special electrical needs.
Is there a telephone?
We have a Verizon land line in the main lodge for emergencies, and we also have a booster that allows most cellphones to get service near the office, depending on your provider.
What will the weather be like?
As my Dad always said “only a newcomer or a damn fool would predict the weather in Arizona.” We cannot guarantee the weather, but we can guarantee a variety of activities rain or shine. During the summer months, our days are warm but not usually hot. The National Forest Service quotes our area as having an average of 76 degrees in the summer months. Our evenings are cooler and usually require a light jacket.
Will we see any wildlife?
There is a good chance of seeing some elk, deer, antelope, long horn sheep. Horses, cattle, and pigs may be seen wandering about the beautiful 350 acres of Sprucedale Ranch.
Are laundry facilities available?
No, but there is a laundry mat in Alpine.
Is liquor provided?
No, but you may bring your own to be consumed at your cabin.
Is fishing gear available for rent?
No, we do not rent fishing gear. Feel free to bring your own!
The first deposit is $300 per cabin for the first 2 people plus $75 for each additional person.
The first deposit is due when making the reservation. The second deposit is the same amount as the first deposit and is due on or before February 1st of the year of the reservation. Failure to send the second deposit on time can cause loss of reservation. If the reservation is made after February 1st then both the first and second deposit are due when making the reservation. The deposits required for groups and for several families reserving together are different than the deposits for individual families. Please contact for details.
You will be charged a $50 fee to move your reservation within the same year and a $100 fee to move to another year.
If you cancel your reservation before February 1st of the year of your reservation, your deposit minus a $100 cancellation fee will be refunded to you. Cancellations after April 1st will result in the loss of your full deposit. There is also an additional $100 charge for any person who has a reservation but does not show up with their party unless we are notified 4 weeks before your arrival.
Our family has been offering unique family ranch vacations for over 50 years.
To preserve this tradition for your family and many other families, it is mandatory to have you sign a release form. We are a working ranch and deal with horses, other animals, and the outdoor wilderness on a daily basis. Although these activities will bring you enjoyment, there is always a chance of accident or harm. We have a comprehensive release form which releases our family and workers from any responsibility should an accident occur. This form MUST be signed to participate in our activities. You will be asked to sign this form upon your arrival at the ranch.
- Check in time is on Sunday after 2 p.m. Check out time is on Saturday before 10 a.m.
- *We have no telephones in the cabins. (We do have a cell phone for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.)
- *The ranch’s electricity comes from a generator which runs 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 6:00PM to 10:30PM.
- We cook for an average of 40 guests, plus family, and workers. Contact us for special dietary requests and pricing.
- For insurance reasons, we can not allow children under 6 to ride, or anyone to ride double on the trail rides.
- Infants are free, but baby-sitting services are not available.
- We do not allow any illegal drugs to be used on the ranch, and we prefer not to rent to unwed couples.
- No pets allowed.
- Base price includes cabin, meals, and entertainment. Horseback rides are $40 per ride.
- Prices and fees may vary from year to year, so please check to see if these are our current rates. Prices subject to change without notice.
- **Our prices are based on a 2 person minimum; therefore, there is an additional charge for single occupancy.
- Preferred payment can be made by Cashier’s Check, Traveler’s Checks, Cash, Personal Checks, or Credit Cards.
We would love to hear from everyone who is interested in finding out more about a stay at Sprucedale Guest Ranch.Let us answer any questions you might have or provide additional information you might need to make your ranch vacation your best ever vacation. Hey, maybe you just want to say “howdy”, and that’s ok too!